Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday Inspiration: Set Goals




"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time."
- Zig Ziglar



This is one of my favorite quotes and a great reminder to set goals. New Year's resolutions often get a bad rap because the majority of them get broken (35% are broken by the end of Jan.) within a few months. To keep that from happening in my own life I call them goals, write them down, and I set my own time limits. I have set some larger goals in my life that have taken me over a year to complete but that doesn't mean I failed but I'm now that much closer to finishing. I think the real failure is never trying.

While listening to the radio I happened to hear four things to keep in mind while making goals.
They should be:
Specific and Measurable
Your Goal (not what someone else wants you to do)
Set a time Limit
Write it Down

Source printable resolution cards.
Source on making goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment