Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIY Air Freshener

I found this easy to make air freshener and when I stumbled across an empty jar while cleaning out my cabinets I thought now would be the perfect time to try out this DIY project. All it takes is two ingredients baking soda, essential oil, and a jar to put them in. To keep it simple I used a jar that already had openings on the lid. Or you can replace a ball jar lid with cardboard to make it easy to add your own holes.

Since my jar already had openings on top it made this project very simple. And instead of essential oils I used editable oils for candy making and they worked just the same.
Fill the jar about 1/4 of the way full with baking soda. 
 Add 5-10 drops to the baking soda (I chose peppermint) depending on how strong of a sent you want. 
Just give it a shake side to side whenever the room needs freshening up.

Update: I came across an image of a parmesan lid on a ball jar. It does indeed fit (on a regular jar not the wide mouth ones) and makes the cutest most simple air freshener. No need to make holes just replace the lid and add 1/4 baking soda and essential oils. Could also be a cute way to freshen the fridge instead of leaving the baking soda in the box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment