Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Homemade Strawberry Syrup


You may or may not remember but I recently posted about making strawberry jam here, but there was another strawberry recipe I wanted to try out strawberry syrup! I knew you could make your own syrup for an old-fashioned fountain-style soda and have always wanted to try it out. Sorry I don't have any step-by-step photos but its very easy and similar to the strawberry jam recipe. You only need four ingredients: strawberries, sugar, water, and club soda. Simply hull and cut strawberries, then simmer in water strain out the fruit, and simmer one more time with sugar. It made about 1 quart and after the syrup cooled down I added it to club soda to make an old-fashion fountain-style drink so refreshing. I love breakfast foods so I also tried the syrup on pancakes and waffles and man was it delicious! The recipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment